Is small craft insurance right for me?
Our small craft insurance policy will protect most types of small sailing boats, small motorboats, speedboats and most types of sailing dinghies when used on inland and coastal waters of Europe, up to 12 nautical miles offshore.
We are not able to cover Jet Skis, Personal Water Craft (PWCs) or Jet Bikes.
Benefits of our small craft cover
- Loss or damage to your craft by fire, theft, accident, or malicious damage.
- New for old insurance on the mast, spars, sails, canopies and rigging.
- Loss or damage whilst in transit by road.
- Loss or damage to personal effects up to £250.
- £5 million third party liability cover as standard.
- Cover up to £1,000 for medical expenses and up to £500 for pet medical fees following an accident on board the vessel.
- Personal Accident cover up to £25,000 for death or permanent total disablement as a result of an accident on board the vessel.
- Cover up to £10,000 for family and guests if hit by an uninsured vessel.
- Non-fault excess waiver - no excess to pay where deemed not at fault and third party details are available.
- No excess to pay if your vessel is damaged while in a marina.
- Racing risks cover for craft up to 23ft in length.
If you are rescued by a registered charity, we will make a donation of £100 to that charity in your name.
All backed by Specialist Marine claims handlers who can agree payment for smaller claims on production of a quotation and can authorise use of your favoured repairers and on more complex cases, lead you through the process.
Claims can be reported online, by email or over the phone.
How do I get small craft cover from Zurich?
You can get a quote for your small craft, including sailing dinghies, by following the link below.